SFS intec is an AIA/CES provider offering approved seminars in fastening systems for the construction industry. Our presentation helps architects, contractors, design engineers and other members of the building community understand differences in fastening options and educate them with the knowledge to specify the correct fastener for the project.
We offer four face-to-face seminars and one distance education course (online request form available below).
To learn more about the seminars or to schedule a seminar, please contact:
Program No. CORR1 / SD credit / 1 LU Hour
Detailed review of how corrosion affects the performance of Construction Fastening Systems. Case history applications include Metal Roofing and Siding as well as Flat Roofing. Special section includes precautionary measures designers need to be aware of when working with the newest generation of preservative treated lumber, ACQ and CA.
The key objective is to create an awareness that corrosion in construction components warrants attention by all construction professionals. Specifically, upon completion of the course, attendees will:
- Acknowledge that corrosion of construction fastening systems can lead to catastrophic failure of a buildings critical elements.
- Understand galvanic corrosion processes of dissimilar metals.
- Differentiate between carbon steel and 3 stainless steels: ferritic, martensitic, and austenitic.
- Have the ability to determine which materials are appropriate in order to achieve sustainable design goals for differing building lifecycles.
Corrosion Prevention in Construction Fastening Systems-DE
Program No. CORRDE / SD credit / 1 LU Hour
The Corrosion Prevention in Construction Fastening Systems is available as a distance education course. This DVD format video presentation is free of charge. To order, complete the online request form and the program package will be mailed to you.
New Courses – Coming Soon
- Threaded Fastener Technology
- Sustainable Fastening solutions